Sunday, October 17, 2021

And...Voila


 1. My commercial utilizes conventions pretty well. In typical hand sanitizer commercials, their main focus is usually demonstrating how to combat germs with hand sanitizer. Therefore, my use of conventions was standard, as I used the hand sanitizer as my main prop and showed the audience how to use it. My commercial represents social groups/issues by mentioning the ongoing pandemic caused by COVID-19 and showing a student in the commercial. It brings up a current issue faced by anyone who goes to school, but focuses on students.


2. My product engages with the audience by using comical effect and relevance. Throughout the commercial, the narration provides jokes which adds a comical effect to keep the audience interested. It also uses relevance by showing what many people are going through in a pandemic and highlighting the importance of staying safe with hand sanitizer. This would be distributed as a real media text through YouTube or Instagram, I think these would be two good options because many real-life students, especially high school students, use social media and are more likely to see this commercial on there.


3. My  production skills developed in many different ways with this project. Being this is my first ever project like this, I've learned a lot since we began including many new terms. I think the skill that developed the most with this project was my story-boarding skill, having to meticulously plan my storyboard taught me a lot and makes me feel more ready to do it again in my next project.However, I think I still have a lot more to learn but doing this project gave me experience and a good idea of what to expect for next time.


4. For this project I mainly used my iPhone and Google Chromebook. I filmed all of my clips on my iPhone and edited them with iMovie on my phone. I have the blogger app on my phone so sometimes my blog posts would be typed through there or my media would be added on with my phone. Other times, I would save the media on my Chromebook and drag and drop the file. For my actual commercial upload I had to figure out embedding and I simply did this by sending myself my commercial via email and dragging and dropping it onto my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Title Website Research

For my title design research, I get to explore two really cool websites. The two websites are artofthetitle.com and watchthetitles.com.These...