Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Genre Decision

 


My opening sequence's genre will be a comedy.  I decided on doing a comedy for various reasons. After researching dramas, horrors, and comedies I think a comedy would be more simple to film. I love horror movies however I would have to adhere to all their different conventions. The dramatic lighting, the tracking shots, and more would be difficult to do on my own. Drama conventions are not as hard to adhere to but,  I prefer scripting a comedy.  Horror and drama also don't exactly fit my pitch. Although my opening sequence can be a drama, it would do better as a comedy. My pitch would work better as a comedy and the conventions are a bit more doable for me. The bright lighting in order to convey an uplifting mood could be managed as long as I use a setting that is well lit and attempts to use editing to brighten it more if needed. as for the Mis-en- scene, costumes in comedies are often fit for the scene. For example. the main character can be an extremely goofy person and wear "funny" or peculiar/unique outfits throughout the comedy. However, characters can dress practically and at some point during the comedy go through a funny event and have to change into an eccentric outfit. This is fairly easy to do since it's easy to make a bizarre outfit, utilizing random pieces to make something unconventional.  Although I researched improv, my opening sequence will be scripted but there will be many jokes sprinkled in. As for editing, I also think I will alter the typical use of a laughing track. I don't believe it will fit into the opening sequence along with the music. However if when I finish filming I believe it may fit, I will attempt to add on a laughing track. overall, a comedy is a right fit for my opening sequence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Title Website Research

For my title design research, I get to explore two really cool websites. The two websites are artofthetitle.com and watchthetitles.com.These...